Blue is a cool color that can be perfectly combined with many other colors. Whether it is hot or cold, blue is a common color in men’s and women’s wardrobes, as it is an option that does not go out of style.
However, and as with all colors, it is essential to know how to combine blue to get the most out of our garments and hit the right outfit. If you also have blue dresses, shirts, coats or pants and you want to learn how to combine them to create the perfect outfit, don’t miss the following article.
Colors that go with blue – what are they?
There are many people who know the combination of warm and cold colors, that is, the combination of colors such as yellow, orange and red with their different shades and blues, greens and purples with theirs. However, there are many types of combinations that we must take into account if we want to analyze exactly which shades combine best with a specific color:
- Monochromatic combination: it is the simplest combination, since it is about complementing a single color with its nuances, varying dark and light tones.
- Complementary combination: consists of combining two colors located opposite in the chromatic circle that you will see below.
- Analogous combination: combine 2 to 5 colors located together in the circle.
- Complementary combination separately: the opposite color is not used as in the normal complementary combination, but in this case we use the colors located next to it.
- Triad combination: this is known as the combination marked by contrasts that is achieved when we use three different colors that are at the same distance from each other.
- Tetrad combination: combination of 4 colors, two of which are alternate analogues plus their complementary ones.
- Square combination: for this type of combination we play with 4 colors that are at the same distance from each other.
How to combine blue and white – safe bet!
We already know that white goes with all colors, however, blue is still one of the favorites. Whether you want to bet on marine fashion or want to experiment with different shades of blue, white is the perfect companion.
So those who want to play it safe will find the perfect combination in these classic colors.
How to combine blue with black
And, of course, black cannot be missing either, another color that goes with everything. we recommend that you bet on this combination during the colder months, since black will allow you to combine jackets and coats of different shades without jeopardizing the cohesion of your outfit.
Blue and gray – Maximum elegance
Do you want an elegant but casual outfit at the same time? In this case, the combination of gray and blue is perfect. As you will see in the images below, you can bet on jeans of a lifetime or choose more refined dress pants, everything will depend on the occasion.
The best thing about combining blue with gray? Any shade is good, so you can wear both light blue, navy blue or turquoise.
Combine blue with yellow – Dare!
Combine a lemon yellow garment with the most classic blue? Of course! One of the trends that we like the most in recent seasons is this, as it allows us to create attractive outfits that, especially in summer, will bring out your funniest side.
Although dark blue usually combines better with yellow, in the images below we show you that everything will depend on your tastes. You dare?
How to combine blue with orange to be fashionable
If you are passionate about fashion and are up to date with the latest news of each season, you will already know that orange and blue marry perfectly.
Although it is a much more daring bet than the previous ones, from here we encourage you to add this warm and striking color to your wardrobe. If you are not used to wearing garish outfits, start by introducing some orange accessories to your outfit or go for jeans with which you feel more comfortable.
Combine blue and red – is it a good idea?
The million dollar question: is combining blue with red a good idea? Yes, but be careful!
Once again, adding some accessories of this color to your outfit is a good step to start with, as well as opting for red shoes. However, we want you to get out of your comfort zone and dare with a more risky style, so here are some examples that can inspire you when combining blue with passion red.
How to combine blue with lilac – go to the last!
Blue and lilac are not exactly next to each other in the color palette, however, they share some characteristics that have made this combination a very attractive bet in recent seasons.
If you are passionate about fashion and are always willing to try new things, we advise you to mix these two colors without fear; with striking garments and accessories to match. But if you want to start with something more subtle and casual, you should know that pastel colors can be great allies.
Colors that go with blue – other tips
Now you know what colors go with blue, but are there any mistakes you should avoid?
Although there are few colors that do not fit well with our protagonist, here we want to give you some tips so that you avoid messing up with your outfit:
- Be careful when combining blue with blue: blue is a versatile color that can look great with a wide range of colors. For that reason, betting on two different shades of blue can make your look monotonous and a bit boring. Do you know how you can remedy this problem? With the total look!
- Leave the brown aside : although it will depend on the shade of brown you want to opt for, this mixture is a bit more difficult to marry than the rest, so we advise you to avoid it or to dare only with this mixture when there is one denim garment in the middle, like some old blue jeans.
- Blue and green … does it bite? : Surely you have heard it sometime, however, here we want to affirm that it is no longer the case, because the combination of blue and green is increasingly present both on the street and on the catwalks. Of course, it is a risky combination that not everyone can pull off. If you want to play it safe and take it easy, start by adding some green accessories to your outfit.